Comedy bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comedy bar

If there are romantic dates, how about going to a comedy club and laugh while viewing the show on the stage? Last week, we went to this comedy bar. It looked like a regular bar but instead of the usual music and dances, it had a show where the actors would just provide funny conversations. If you want to de-stress, then a comedy club is a way to go.

Hmmm, yeah, this would be a good alternative to those common date ideas. They say laughter is the best medicine and it has some truthful with it.

Comment

• BossyGal
      BossyGal commented
      Editing a comment
      When you feel lonely or just came from a heart break then those comedy bars are good places to go to. You would temporarily forget the loneliness that you feel.

• nnica
      nnica commented
      Editing a comment
      Laughing has a therapeutic effect and it could help heal a person.

I tried it before but it would be best if your friends are with you rather than your date. I do not think that your date would be a serious one if you would just to go a comedy bar and laugh from time to time.

Comment

• DickedTracy
      DickedTracy commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't tell if you won't try and ask him out on a date to the comedy bar. You both might enjoy a night of laughing your asses out.

• reddish97
      reddish97 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're in a long-time relationship with your boyfriend then it's a perfect place to go for laughs at the end of the night.

If your purpose for the date is to get to know each other then do not go to these kinds of clubs. The atmosphere would not be conducive for you to talk.

Comment

• DraggedOn
      DraggedOn commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely, those kinds of bars would be full of laughters so you won't be able to hear each other. Better go to more quiet places for the first dates.

• JuneBug
      JuneBug commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd prefer coffee shop dates than comedy bar dates unless I'm with my girlfriends.

• Rizza
      Rizza commented
      Editing a comment
      JuneBug Yup. Coffee shops are better for the first dates as you would be able to talk intimately.

I'm willing to have the date there if I know who would be the performers for that night. Don't want to end up watching an open night because it might be cringe inducing date

Comment

• Starla
      Starla commented
      Editing a comment
      There would be many performers. Are you friends or acquaintances with those performers? How are you going to know?

• Charanne
      Charanne commented
      Editing a comment
      Starla I think there are banners or streamers or the performers are shown on the LCD screens on the entrances of those bars.

Originally posted by Charanne View Post
    I'm willing to have the date there if I know who would be the performers for that night. Don't want to end up watching an open night because it might be cringe inducing date
    She's right about that open night/mic thing. Because those shows are done by comedians who are hoping to get hired to perform at the club

Comment

• imacoolgal
      imacoolgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you watched an open mic before that's why you know that it is a bad idea to watch those kind of shows?

• PintCream
      PintCream commented
      Editing a comment
      imacoolgal that might be the case that's why she's suggesting against it

I wouldn't mind having a date at a comedy bar as long as it is not the first one. I prefer the first date would be somewhere we can get to know each other well

Comment

• Noelle
      Noelle commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect answer. Comedy bars should not be a place for the first dates as you won't have an intimate moment in getting to know each other while in comedy bar.

A comedy club is a specialty club. It means the prices of the products are premium. So, if money is not an issue, comedy bars are good places to have fun.

Comment

• itten
      itten commented
      Editing a comment
      But how sure are you that the performers who would do their set that evening would be worth your money?

• WillowPillow
      WillowPillow commented
      Editing a comment
      itten Most performers would give their best as they are also competing with the other performers. Most bars do not employ the performers; they only hire them for the session so the better the performer is the higher the chance that he would be hired for the next session.

NO WAY! Nope, I had a bad experience with a comedy bar date once. The gay comedy bar that my boyfriend and I went ends up with the gays trying to seduce my boyfriend. They were inviting him over right after their show, just before it ends. My jealous ass dragged ourselves out and went to clubbing instead.

Comment

• LessLee
      LessLee commented
      Editing a comment
      It's inevitable for a comedy bar without gay people in it to bring out the fun. Only if the performers are too drunk and they don't know what they're already doing then I guess it's safe that you both left. So that there wouldn't be much trouble that night.

• Starla
      Starla commented
      Editing a comment
      Yikes! What if you weren't there at all? I couldn't imagine how things would end up, but if your date is the type who likes gay people then it's not actually a bad thing. But if he's already dating you then he wouldn't be going out with them.

• leahsneak
      leahsneak commented
      Editing a comment
      That was your perfect opportunity to make your boyfriend choose between you or the performers.
Working...
X