No money, no honey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No money, no honey

Yes, they say that money is important. Well, we know that we need it. The world would not revolve without money. So, what can you say about those couples who break up due to money issues?
    For instance, it could be a married couple who broke up because one person, commonly the man, lost his job. Losing a job for a long time depletes savings, which in turn, would lead to poverty.

The only thing that I can think of is that the person who decides to break up with the other one is obviously the type of person who's too materialistic. It's obvious that all he or she's after is financial security from his or her parnter

Comment

• FoxieRoxy
      FoxieRoxy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, this is the number one reason why they would want to break up with their partners. If we are to think of it, they have a valid reason for leaving their partners. Who would want to stay with someone who could not provide you a good life?

• pauline
      pauline commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, there are people who are like that. They want to have better and more fulfilling lives. We could not blame them for that one.

We could not deny that there have been cases where couples separated because of money matters. Sometimes, I could not blame the person who wanted to be out of the relationship as they do not want to sink down with their partner.

Comment

• sala67
      sala67 commented
      Editing a comment
      The proper action is to help your partner and not to leave your partner. I thought that you love each other, so where is the care in that case?

• Ommarablue
      Ommarablue commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, there are people who are afraid to sink down to the lowest level. When you have no money to use, then how are you going to live?

Are you talking about being dirt poor or bankrupt when you're talking about money issues? Because there are other reasons as to why they end up breaking up because of monetary problems

Comment

• ejayniel
      ejayniel commented
      Editing a comment
      I know that bankruptcy is the common reason why couples separate. What could be those other reasons aside from being bankrupt?

• itten
      itten commented
      Editing a comment
      ejayniel maybe they made terrible investments that's why they ended up poor.

If my man lost his job, all his savings were depleted and now living in poverty, then that is a terrible condition. If he is my boyfriend, I think that I could still lend him some money while he tries to get up on his feet. If that man was my husband, then I could still support him all the way until he goes back to his normal state.

Comment

• dwf2017
      dwf2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any guy that would end up dating you will be really lucky to have you in their lives considering that you're not going to leave them immediately because they have some financial problems.

If the couple has kids and the guy is jobless, Expect the woman will nag. So, the man should make a move and find any means to support his family or it could be that the couple will talk together agree that the guy stays home to take care of the kids the woman works. It's mostly seen nowadays.

Comment

• WillowPillow
      WillowPillow commented
      Editing a comment
      Both partners should be transparent about money matters. If one partner gambles, better support that vise in his own money but not to touch the other partners' funds!

• PintCream
      PintCream commented
      Editing a comment
      They should be disciplined about how they managed their funds. One problem with zero funds is when the other partner is heavily in debt.

• TaintGotYou
      TaintGotYou commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually, both the man and woman have jobs. So, I do not think that they should get separated. Anyway, if a man losses his job, he should find another one as quickly as possible.

It's understandable if the reason is because of poor financial decisions. But it's not an excuse if the guy was not financially stable from the start

Comment

• LessLee
      LessLee commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, you are right there. Even then, do you think that it is fair for someone to leave you simply because you ran out of wealth due to poor financial decision?

• sinksex
      sinksex commented
      Editing a comment
      But do you think that saying no to a guy because he's not financially stable is valid reason? Don't you think that she's going to have the reputation as a gold digger if she dates men who have money.

If it is a short-term poverty, then I could still manage to handle that one. However, if it would last for a long time, then that is already a different story. I think that I would end my relationship with if that happens.

Comment

• loccaBVNM
      loccaBVNM commented
      Editing a comment
      How many months will it take before you decide to leave him?

• hbhvr56
      hbhvr56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wouldn't it be better if you and your partner will both think of things that can help you leave that poverty rather than ending the relationship?

Do you wonder why the world is so capitalistic? I do not wonder why. As you know, we all need money to survive and to have a comfortable life. Without money, what would we become? I need someone who would support himself and not depend on me.

Comment

• Remman
      Remman commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, the men should not depend on their women. And vice versa - the women should not depend on their men. Both must be financially stable and would help each other.

Oh, I have seen similar cases lots of times already. When someone has money, people are beside him. Once his money is gone, people also vanish.

Comment

• justinenicole
      justinenicole commented
      Editing a comment
      What you're talking about is more appropriate when it comes to friends. But the person that you are dating does that, it means that he or she is only after your money and nothing else.

• leahsneak
      leahsneak commented
      Editing a comment
      Does that include you too? That "I am here when money is present"?

The guy shouldn't have married the girl if he knew before hand if she's materialistic or prefers guys who are financially secured. I would suggest that you be with someone who's willing to be with you whether you're rich or not.

Comment

• mum201610
      mum201610 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I agree. But then, we would not be able to know if someone is materialistic or not until we see their true color.

• miracleshappen
      miracleshappen commented
      Editing a comment
      That is why it is better to really know your partner's positive and negative attitude before really settling down with them.

The only time I see that is going to be a problem is when they're married or living together. But if the two of you have places of your own, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• ermanw4
      ermanw4 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right and I think if they are already married then there should be at least one of them who saved money.
Working...
X