First Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Date

Don't know if anyone ever went to a club where they have open mic night. A date took me there once on our first date and it was really, really cool. You don't even have to be experienced. You just take the mic and do your thing. People are supportive too. They won't laugh at you. It is similar to karaoke. If you are nervous, don't do it, but if you can take a good laugh, then go for it!

I never did the open mic thing, but heard about it from a friend. Sound like it would be fun. I would go for it....thinking about it right now!

Comment

If you can do karaoke, then why not open mic? It is the same damn thing. So it is no big deal. I can do that. I can go make a fool of myself and be silly so the audience can laugh at me. I love a good laugh, even if it is on me!!! LOL!

Comment

It is really fun and you get to appreciate the talent there, even if you have no talent at all.

Comment

That could be fun. Yes and you may get to find out that you have talent. That's how a lot of ppl start out as amateurs and then go live.

Comment

I know a guy that did the open mic thing and now he is a full fledged comedian making money from his talent. So those things are real. Don't take it lightly cause you never know who may be watching.

Comment

I never did the open mic thing, but I went to a bar and restaurant where they had karaoke nights on a Tuesday. The place was always lively with locals and visitors. Sometimes, there wouldn't be standing room. Seems like locals came to have good laughs at their family members or just to get their talent out there. I would never go on stage. It is just not my thing. Some of the acts were terrible and others were pretty good. I suspected that there were talent agents in the crowd because some of the talented ones would dress the part and perform like it was an audition. I loved it and I like how the people that go on stage are not as scared as me. Even when they know they can't sing, they still go up to that stage and make a damn fool of themselves. That may be good for them, but not me. I am not gonna embarrass myself...never! But I like the idea of karaoke cause it offers people a chance to share their talents. If it wasn't for the karaoke club, I may not have heard those people perform.

Comment

I didn't go to an open mic or karaoke on a date, but my date and I took an Improv class. It was one of the most fun things I had done. I ended up meeting some really cool people there. It was a group of us and it was an acting class. I got into character and so did my date and the others. The story line was crappy, but we made use of it. It was a just a class and nothing that serious, I thought. I was there for the fun of it and nothing was gonna stop me from feeling like an actress that day.

Comment

I've been in a club that has kinda same thing once. They actually have a live band on stage and there is a list of songs that can play while you sing your heart out
                  Last edited by PintCream; 04-20-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks, you just gave me a crazy idea for this guy whom I want to ask out.

Comment

• DickedTracy
                      DickedTracy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Noelle let's just say that he thinks that he's a really awesome person

• Noelle
                      Noelle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      are you being sarcastic?

• DickedTracy
                      DickedTracy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Noelle most likely yes. lol

It's actually a nice thing for him to take you somewhere not too mainstream. Other guys just go with the typical dinner and movies. Seems like you met someone not like the others.

Comment

Hi I'm James,do you live in Sydney.first date maybe a few drinks,some food by the ocean.

Comment

Working...
                      X