Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About loving

"It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

I think that this saying has been used over and over again. Do you agree with this one?

When you had loved then you lost; that was because the other person never loved you. So, for me, it was the second one: to have never loved at all. By not loving at all, then you had saved yourself from the pain of being brokenhearted.

Comment

• ermanw4
      ermanw4 commented
      Editing a comment
      If being selfish means that you choose to save yourself from getting hurt, then I'd rather be selfish. I agree with you there ClaireBare. It's hard to trust and be serious with someone these days.

• WhiskyGypsy
      WhiskyGypsy commented
      Editing a comment
      ermanw4 Actually, it is not being selfish at all. First, the other person would never love anyway so why would be provide love to that person?

• ClaireBare
      ClaireBare commented
      Editing a comment
      ermanw4 it does not necessarily means that you become selfish if you don't want to love someone. I just stated that I like the second one because it guarantees no heartache

It's better to have loved and lost.

At least you had tried to love someone even though the love was not reciprocated. After all, they say that love is the most wonderful feeling in the world.

Comment

• leahsneak
      leahsneak commented
      Editing a comment
      My mom usually tell me those things, that at least I've tried to love someone. Well, that was years ago when I had my heart broken with my boyfriend of five years.

• justinenicole
      justinenicole commented
      Editing a comment
      When you say "It's better to have loved and lost", it kind of reminds me of the people that we've loved then lost along the way, I mean those who've passed away. Well, it's what I've understood since I've had love someone then he soon went away. We should've been together until now.

Originally posted by westongreen View Post
    I think that this saying has been used over and over again. Do you agree with this one?
    I've heard and seen that phrase over and over. It's about a selfish and selfless act of love. Well, we sometimes have to be selfish in order to save ourselves from suffering the most. So I beg to disagree with that phrase.

Comment

• sala67
      sala67 commented
      Editing a comment
      So are you saying that we should not have loved in the first place first? That we need to be selfish so that we would not get hurt in the process?

• wenddall7
      wenddall7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you explain it plainly? I did not seem to understand it well. Are you saying that we need to be selfish and not provide love if we know that we would fail?

• Slurpee
      Slurpee commented
      Editing a comment
      sala67 wenddall7 you both need to understand this phrase even read the blog entitled like the phrase. First one was about selfless love and the second line would be selfish

There's something about that phrase that I despise but just have to accept since it's true. I've been with someone years ago and I've lost him along the way, 'til then I've never loved the same way again. I think that every one of us has experienced this but I wonder how can they still be able to love again as if they weren't broken at all? Because now, I don't feel like I wanted to love again because the love that I used to feel was already long gone.

Comment

• JuneBug
      JuneBug commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right voodoofoo, cheer up now, DickedTracy. I know it's been a hard time for you to step out of that zone but you should look on the bright side too. It will take some time for you to recover from the pain and soon everything good will come to you all at once.

• FoxieRoxy
      FoxieRoxy commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the man whom I had loved before told me that once you had loved a person, it would occupy a certain place in your heart, and that place would stay there for a long time even if there would be someone new who you would have to love again.

• westongreen
      westongreen commented
      Editing a comment
      DickedTracy That's why there is a thing called moving on being heartbroken doesn't stay forever, it heals and we find someone new again to love

If you are a hopeless romantic then maybe you would not have to believe on this saying. Hopeless romantics believe that there is a person who would come to us and love us. So, in a sense, you will not lose in love.

Comment

• mum201610
      mum201610 commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean hopeful romantics? Because they still see the good in love, even if they've lost their loved ones along the way countless times, they still find hope.

• AvaHHH
      AvaHHH commented
      Editing a comment
      SpeedyGee Actually, it is the contrary. Hopeless romantics are the kind of people who believe that someone is stored for them and would come at the right time even at a time that is least expected.

• breastse3
      breastse3 commented
      Editing a comment
      mum201610 I think that those hopeful romantics are the ones who would initiate the moves to find the love of their life.

"It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." I think that this saying has been used over and over again. Do you agree with this one?
    I've heard this from a movie and I can't remember exactly but I guess sayings are just sayings. I sometimes believe them and don't believe them, the choice is ours anyway. My choice for this saying? I do believe in this and I hate that it is true.

Comment

• HeatherS
      HeatherS commented
      Editing a comment
      The truth hurts the most as they say. Well, I think that it is better to love and lost as we tried to express our feelings to the other person. Nevermind if the other person could not love us back.

• westongreen
      westongreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Ommarablue I haven't heart it from a movie but this quote comes from Alfred Lord Tennyson. It's something that strikes me

• Ommarablue
      Ommarablue commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great westongreen better find that one and read it, must be worth my time

Yes, it's better to love at least you get the chance to experience how it feels to love someone and get your heartbroken. That's life, not everything is sugar and sweet, you sometimes have to share the suffering with others.

Comment

• eritta6
      eritta6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. Love is the greatest feeling of all. It is never wrong to love and still fail to have the person that we love. Oh, I am getting dramatic and teary eyed now. Oh, well.

• bugcow
      bugcow commented
      Editing a comment
      It is like you are saying that suffering is a needed part of life. I do not think that people should suffer. No one should suffer.

• TaintGotYou
      TaintGotYou commented
      Editing a comment
      you sometimes have to share the suffering with others.

I do not understand what you meant with this one. If you loved then failed, then you were the only one who suffered and not the two of you, right?

I think its better to love eventhough it will be counted as a lost.. it's a part of life that can't be dodged until you find the perfect partner for you so I agree

Comment

• kendall10
      kendall10 commented
      Editing a comment
      ermanw4 Ideally speaking yes there is no perfect one but if you found the one you truly love then you can count him as a perfect partner

• dvrcd13
      dvrcd13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you saying that we should love and love until the right person stays with us?

• ejayniel
      ejayniel commented
      Editing a comment
      Until when would a person fail to find the true one love? Of course, nobody knows. But, sometimes, it is already tiring if we keep on failing for love.

Love is clearly worth a risk, We should not be afraid on attempting to love someone even if it will be a big loss on our part. Memories are important the good and the bad so it's better to go with have loved and lost

Comment

• tummytummy
      tummytummy commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no idea about love that much because it's been so long since I've taken love seriously. I guess to love and lose someone is a part of the whole love itself.

• separated2010
      separated2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah its really risky but in order to learn how to love more it seems that we need to take the risk and keep on loving on and that's life

Love is always destructive in the end and leaves us broken so I guess the first try is okay. I wouldn't want to risk getting my heart broken again. I can't take love seriously the second time around and I'd choose to hook up instead with no strings attached and it's much easier.

Comment

• Noelle
      Noelle commented
      Editing a comment
      but then again do you want to live your whole life with just being FWB with that guy? We will always settle down for sure

• sinksex
      sinksex commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of the folks out here surely experienced being heartbroken to different people so you should not afraid and accept it as a part of your life

• loofabb
      loofabb commented
      Editing a comment
      @loafabb I will settle down for sure it's not that I would stay as a "BITCH" my entire life I just want to enjoy it first

I would agree to that phrase but then again, it's how you live it. It's how you own it, but don't we all experience this over and over again too? Falling in love and end up losing them.

Comment

Working...
    X