Bringing up the past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing up the past

What can you say on those people who bring up their past relationships too much? It is like you feel that you are already being compared to their ex to the point that you feel that you are inferior compared to them.

I would ignore it. It would be like I do not hear anything. I would not feel inferior at all. I have my own personality so I do not care who they are as this is me. He should take me as I am. If he feels that his ex is better than I am, then so be it.

Comment

• nericcaw3
      nericcaw3 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should've dumped him at least, tell him that if he keeps comparing you to his ex then he should leave and go back to his ex. Tell him that he's just wasting his time on you when you simply do not care about him comparing you to her.

• hbhvr56
      hbhvr56 commented
      Editing a comment
      I could also ignore his rants about his ex girlfriend. As long as I am not affected that much then I would continue to ignore those things.

• paupau11
      paupau11 commented
      Editing a comment
      The best thing is to ignore it. That is one of the things that we could do. When you just ignore it, there would come a time that he would stop telling those things.

If he is already my boyfriend, then I would get mad at him. I would tell him that he should not compare me to any of his ex as I do not want being compared to.

Comment

• loccaBVNM
      loccaBVNM commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right, I will call him out on his behavior of comparing me to his exes because that's immature and it does really bring out the best in me, it might even bring out the STRESS in me.

• ClaireBare
      ClaireBare commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I would shout at him at the top of my lungs. I would tell him to stop comparing me to someone else. She is different and I am different. We are not compatible with his ex-girlfriend.

• loofabb
      loofabb commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the best thing to do. Just state that you do not want being compared. I hope that he understands it very well and would not do a comparison in the coming days.

Originally posted by DickedTracy View Post
    What can you say on those people who bring up their past relationships too much? It is like you feel that you are already being compared to their ex to the point that you feel that you are inferior compared to them.
    If I feel like I'm already being compared to his ex, then I'd walk out of the room. I'll ignore him for days, considering it to be over for us. It hurts my feelings when people compare me to others and I can never love someone like that, he's such a jerk!

Comment

• kasnier4
      kasnier4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, that would be so painful for you to handle. No one deserves to be compared to anyone because we are all unique in our own way, what makes him want to compare you to his ex? That's too much!

• yani13
      yani13 commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be like an immature response. Why walk out of the room when you could confront him?

• pauline
      pauline commented
      Editing a comment
      You are over reacting. Consider that your relationship is already over? Do not be a drama queen, okay?

If my boyfriend compares me with his ex, then I would have to confront him. I will tell him that I am a different person and that he should quit comparing me with his ex. Oh, I could be a drama queen if he continues to talk more and there would be shouting and screaming involved. lol.

Comment

• shouty
      shouty commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he hasn't moved on from his ex that's why he is low-key comparing you to her, lol. That's quite fucked up and no one wants to be compared to anyone at all, especially if he's already comparing you to his ex, that's below the belt right there.

• dvrcd13
      dvrcd13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha. Most girls would be drama queens. I know those things as I was a drama queens in the past. I could relate very well.

• leahsneak
      leahsneak commented
      Editing a comment
      A drama queen again? Ah! There are so many drama queens in this world. It looks like our world is becoming over crowded with those drama queens.

Being compared to an ex hurts so bad. I have experienced this many times in the past and all I can say is that no one wants to be compared to anyone. It makes people feel like they are not enough.

Comment

• PintCream
      PintCream commented
      Editing a comment
      Truly. Comparing also feels like you are unworthy to the person who always brings up the past relationships or maybe about an ex.

If that ever happens to me, I would think that my partner has not moved on yet from his ex. And that would be just too sad for me to handle.
    Last edited by AvaHHH; 11-11-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• tummytummy
      tummytummy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, so maybe you should just confront your partner right away and if he admits that he hasn't moved on yet, leave him and never look back.

Those people are definitely not yet over with their exes. I bet they still remember them every time in different ways. It's also possible that they think that their exes are better than their new ones.

Comment

He is comparing me to his ex? We should break up and he could return to his previous girlfriend. It would not be my loss, anyway.

Comment

I won't feel bad or insecure because in the first place, she's already an ex and I am the present one. I will just make my man become more in love to me up to the point that he won't bring up his ex anymore. Maybe I'll give him lots of sex so that he won't forget about me. Lol!

Comment

• Remman
          Remman commented
          Editing a comment
          Lots of sex. Alright. But what if his ex was better than you in bed? Then you would still be compared with her again. lol.

People like that are really mean. They seem to be insensitive to the feelings of their partners. If my partner is just like that, I will confront her right there and then. I will ask her why does she keep on making me feel like I am not enough and why does it feel like I lack something.

Comment

Why do they need to bring up their past relationship? It was already in the past so it must stay in the past. He should not resurrect something that had died a long time ago. It pisses me to think that he still remembers his ex-girlfriend and even compares me to her.

Comment

I think that I need to listen on what he is pointing out. If his point is valid then I should change my own thing. I need to constantly improve my self.

Comment

If he brings out about his past girlfriend then I would have to counter all his claims. I would make sure that I would look better than that girl.

Comment

• justinenicole
                justinenicole commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, you go girl. She should not just accept that our man would just compare us. We need to stand up, too.
            Working...
            X