Moved Out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved Out!

I've finally moved out of my parent's house. It felt kinda crowded in there and it's causing too much for my mental health. I just think that it's best for my age to live on my own. I decided to quit my job and move out. I even found a place to stay with the help of my friend. My parents approved of this decision of mine since I am already independent. So, they let me move into a city so far from home. Both of them still supported me with my choices. Even emotional and financial support, they have me.
    Last edited by DickedTracy; 07-30-2019, 10:06 AM.

Well that's an interesting and successful story! It took me years as well to finally moved out from my controlling parents

Comment

• leahsneak
      leahsneak commented
      Editing a comment
      How did your parents control you?

• sinksex
      sinksex commented
      Editing a comment
      leahsneak maybe she still needs to ask permission if she's planning to go out even if she's of age already. It can also be that she needs their approval when it comes to her decisions

• TaintGotYou
      TaintGotYou commented
      Editing a comment
      What triggered you to move out? I bet you felt like a free bird when you had finally moved out.

Maybe they just wanted to have you around. You seem to be responsible enough. Remember that your parents raised you right and they're growing old as well. Love them while they're still there.

Comment

• Starla
      Starla commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe most people know that we should love our parents. Who would not love their own parents?

You're quite lucky that your folks decided to let you stay with them again right after college. As for me, I spent a few months couch surfing

Comment

• hbhvr56
      hbhvr56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't you feel ashamed on the couch surfing part? Where or who's place to you often stay?

Do you still ask them some financial support from time to time?

Comment

• miracleshappen
      miracleshappen commented
      Editing a comment
      She said that the she quitted her job but she did not specify if she had found a new job in her new city.

• JuneBug
      JuneBug commented
      Editing a comment
      She had a job. So, I do not think that she still needed some financial help.

When did you move out? Don't you think you are a little late in moving out of your parent's house?

Comment

• imacoolgal
      imacoolgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there something wrong with moving out late in your life? And I bet they wouldn't mind it if you're helping out at the house by doing chores and paying for the bills

Why do you feel that the place that your folks are staying in feels that crowded for you? Are there other people living their besides the three of you?

Comment

• loofabb
      loofabb commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably siblings? Or maybe she just wants to live alone.

Nice to hear that you're taking baby steps when it comes to be a proper adult. You're lucky that your parents took you back right after college. There are some who got arguments with their parents because of them moving back in

Comment

• AvaHHH
      AvaHHH commented
      Editing a comment
      They shouldn't be too harsh in their child. I wouldn't be like that if I become a parent. There will come a time that their kids will raise a family on their own and would show the same actions their parents did.

• LessLee
      LessLee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ommarablue are you one of those children who had arguments with their parents because of moving back in?
Working...
X