Me and my best friend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my best friend?

I didn't think that it's possible until I get to prove that it really is. So here's the gist, me and my best friend are already a thing. Yes, we are in a relationship! I am so thrilled because I am already in love with him for a while but I didn't have the courage to confess. But earlier this year, we became closer and he became more caring to me. I didn't think of that as a big deal not until he confessed that he has feelings for me. So to cut the story short, my best friend is already my boyfriend. What do you think about this?

I am sorry to burst your bubble but that won't work. Enjoy it for now but I assure you that it won't last that long.

Comment

• paupau11
      paupau11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eh? But why would it not last for long? They seem to be happy having each other.

• Ommarablue
      Ommarablue commented
      Editing a comment
      It would not last long as it was not meant to be. lol. He might have known that you like him so he just grab the opportunity to be with you. You know, he might have other intentions. Sorry to spoil it out to you.

• Starla
      Starla commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you say that it won't last that long? Is there a statistics showing that it relationship like that would not last long?

That's really sweet. Though I think that you should have confessed the moment that you're sure with your feelings. Being a coward has no place in this world. Just saying!

Comment

• yani13
      yani13 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, she should not have confessed it. She was not sure that at that time that the man had a feeling for her. One wrong timing and she could have ruined it all.

• nericcaw3
      nericcaw3 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not good to see that a girl would confess first. I think that a man should go confess first. I know that it is a traditional belief.

I am so happy for you. At least you got to be in a relationship with your best friend. Me? I didn't get to experience that. He was already courting me and I am already about to say yes but he had a car accident which took his life away. I am still saddened but I can't do anything else, right?

Comment

• imacoolgal
      imacoolgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Too bad that you two haven't been together before but it would be unbearable for you to lose him if you're already his other half. At least he's somewhere happy and peaceful and simply wants you to be happy even if you're on your own.

What a lucky girl! I have always thought that being in a relationship with a best friend or at least a friend is better than getting back to zero with a stranger. Being in a relationship with your best friend is convenient because you don't have to explain everything about you since you two have known each other for so long already.

Comment

• dvrcd13
      dvrcd13 commented
      Editing a comment
      For me, I've never thought about dating any of my guy friends and it would be rare if anyone of them wants to date me. So, I'd prefer dating or hooking up with total strangers so that there would be no 'putting your years of friendship at risk' kind of shit happens, lol!

• Lara2l
      Lara2l commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, there would be no lag time in knowing each other as you have known each other for so long.

Well, congratulations! It is like you made one great achievement on your life. He was the one whom you desired in the past and here he is now.

Comment

• RustyJay
      RustyJay commented
      Editing a comment
      How lucky of them! I think most guys would experience being friend-zoned but how about ladies? I don't think that there would be a chance that they'll be friend-zoned by their guy friend, so I must say that I am awed and happy for them both!

• ClaireBare
      ClaireBare commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you know that not all would become lovers? There is a little percentage that they would be lovers. And even lesser for them to get married.

Wow. It is just wow. Well, there are couples who started as friends. Most ended up in good ways so that is also possible that you would end up in a good way.

Comment

• bewgrien
      bewgrien commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, they're both going to end up in a good way, we must wish them nothing but the best for their relationship. I hope there would be a chance for us to find our special someone.

Nah. He only sensed that you like him so he did the next best step and that was to confess that he likes you, too. But in reality, had he not known it, there would be no lover relationship now for the two of you.

Comment

• wendy
      wendy commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're saying that if he didn't sense it then he wouldn't even like her back? I don't get it, so there is something that is holding him back to confess that he likes her already? Maybe he's scared of being rejected and considers himself being in the friend zone if ever.

Congratulations! Your best friend is now your boyfriend! Well, there are some cases just like what you have. Most had been successful with their relationships.

Comment

• miracleshappen
      miracleshappen commented
      Editing a comment
      I never had a boyfriend that started out as best friends. We always start as strangers and the sad part is that we end up as strangers too. Oh well, I'm happy for people who get to be in a serious relationship with their best friends. I wish them all the best!

• LessLee
      LessLee commented
      Editing a comment
      miracleshappen, maybe you can try to date one of your best friends. It is possible that they are the ones for you and not the strangers.

So, how far would that relationship could go? One year? I do not know but I think that the man just played along with your feeling. It could be that he did not want you to be broken hearted so he took the chance to be with your side.

Comment

• eritta6
      eritta6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why are you so negative with your thoughts? I think we should be happy for them that finally they are already lovers. It is not always that this kind of a happy ending happens.

I am honestly happy for you but didn't you think about the possibility that he's just playing around with you. Maybe he just said that he has feelings for you too because he wants an instant girlfriend but in reality, he only sees you as his best friend.

Comment

• Khaleesi
      Khaleesi commented
      Editing a comment
      You've been played too much by guys, aren't you? I said that because you think that all guys are bad. But I suggest that you change your mindset and don't generalize too much. Maybe her best friend has genuine feelings towards this girl. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, alright?

I hope your relationship will last long. Just remember to be open to each other about anything. Tell him all your issues and concerns so that it will be dealt with immediately. Lastly, I just want to say that you are so lucky to have your best friend as your boyfriend.

Comment

• Rizza
      Rizza commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it right. Being open to each other is a factor in having a wonderful relationship together. Without any secrets, it is for sure that the two of you are going to be happy and to be full of love.

That is some sweet story that you got there. I never thought that situations like that exist. I am slightly envious of you because I was in love with my best friend before and she rejected me. But I am okay now. So yeah, congratulations!

Comment

• breastse3
      breastse3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did she say why she rejected you? You seem like a nice guy to me so I wonder what the reason is. Anyway, there must be someone out there that is really for you and that someone is not your best friend.

How sure are you that he's not just fooling around with you? I think you just got your feelings played by your best friend. I feel sad for you.

Comment

Working...
    X