Boyfriend diagnosed with Cancer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend diagnosed with Cancer

I met my boyfriend on Xpress. We clicked instantly and things took off pretty smoothly. A few years back he was diagnosed with cancer. He had to be admitted and operated and it was not pretty, but I stayed with him. My family and friends advised me against it, they thought I was wasting my life sitting around waiting for a sick man but I didnt give up. I am so proud to say that he is doing quite well now and we are still together and happy. Our relationship is stronger than ever and we are happier than ever. Guys dont give up on your man!

Awe-inspiring it is. I wish you both the best of both worlds.

Comment

• HeatherS
      HeatherS commented
      Editing a comment
      We all wish you all the best, you my friend, is an inspiration

You got lucky girl!! I could write you a book with my online experiences. It was one bad date after another. I was on match. I laugh at them all now...because they are quite comical. I was going to give up, but decided to give it a few more chances. I ended up contacting this one guy...he lived a little out of my way, but I liked what he had to say in his profile ( make sure your profile is not like everyone else's...you want to be honest but stand out from the rest) Good pictures, leave pics out if you are with any girls. I didn't think he was going to respond, because of the distance, but he eventually did. We talked on the phone, countless email for about a month, before we decided to meet up. We met half way, and we ended up having a blast. Our contacts grew and we began to see each other at least once a month for a week at a time. Fast forward to 7 months later, he has told me that he loves me and I said it back, You cannot rush things, and you cannot expect to find your love on a site...just like with regular dating. You will find it when you least expect it. So, just go out and have a good time meeting new people with no expectations in mind....cannot force love. Eventually you will find what you are looking for when you are not even looking. But your story will be face of every story i am going to tell from now on.

Comment

I think there is a good side and a bad side to each and every kind of dating. Like the regular ones the one online comes with a higher degree of risk round the corner. We went to dinner and he told me if I wanted him to pay I better not order anything over ten bucks. Then he spent the rest of the date railing against politics, the government, and talking about how women didn't know their place anymore. After dinner he told me that if I wanted to stay out he would have to spend the night at my place. This was the first date, and I was a live in nanny. I told him no, and he was like fine, you can spend the night at my house. I told him no, and he just got up and left without paying the bill. I had to call my employer to come pick me up. And thats how I gave up online dating. Your story kind of inspires me but then again thats like one in a billion stories right. The odds of me getting a decent guy are way too low so I am going to stick to some normal dating scenes.

Comment

Are you still with the guy that you mentioned?

Comment

I wish the best for the both of you! If it's not too troublesome, I'd love to get an update once in a while, that would be nice.

Comment

Working...
          X