Second Choice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Choice?

How would you feel if the person that you're seeing tells you that they went out with you because the person that they really liked rejected them and you're his or her second choice?

Yes, I've been with someone who told me I was his second choice. Only found out about it the first time we had an argument

Comment

• JuneBug
      JuneBug commented
      Editing a comment
      What did you feel when you learned you were just the second choice?

• PintCream
      PintCream commented
      Editing a comment
      JuneBug Anyone would feel pissed off at this point, genius. That's why they argued

I would prefer that he don't tell me that I'm his second option since it would make me think that he might dump me once the girl that he was really into decides to change her mind and date him or cheat on me with the girl that she's really into

Comment

• FoxieRoxy
      FoxieRoxy commented
      Editing a comment
      That could happen, actually. What would you do if he suddenly leaves you because his first choice popped up?

• imacoolgal
      imacoolgal commented
      Editing a comment
      FoxieRoxy Nothing. Just accept it. There is no way that I would be able to compete with the real one.

I don't really mind as long as he was the one who pursued me rather than me throwing myself to him

Comment

• JuneBug
      JuneBug commented
      Editing a comment
      But you were still the second choice. Meaning, not really what he wants. You are a silver when he wanted the gold.

As long as I can get something from it, I don't mind

Comment

• AvaHHH
      AvaHHH commented
      Editing a comment
      How sure are you that you would get something out of it? What if he would treat you like an eye candy of sorts?

First or second choice, if you wanted it, there's no problem

Comment

• Rizza
      Rizza commented
      Editing a comment
      But what would you do if he leaves you suddenly when he sees the right person?

I would be happy that he chose me even if I'm just his second choice. But I would make sure that he would be happy being with me and not regret it

Comment

• sala67
      sala67 commented
      Editing a comment
      So you wouldn't think that there's a chance that he would leave you if his first choice tries to flirt with him again?

• Rizza
      Rizza commented
      Editing a comment
      bewgrien I will show to him that I really care for him. Caring is loving, right?

• Rizza
      Rizza commented
      Editing a comment
      sala67 Of course, there is a chance for that. But I could provide him all the love in the world just to forget his first choice.

I think that being a second choice is better than being his rebound chick. Because if you're his rebound, there's a chance that it is purely sexual and he can easily dump you once the girl takes him back

Comment

• itten
      itten commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you been someones rebound before that is why you said that?

• Ommarablue
      Ommarablue commented
      Editing a comment
      itten No. But one of my friends had that affair so I know that she was dumped that easily.

I'm not sure that I've been a second choice and I just hope that I never was one

Comment

• loofabb
      loofabb commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you going to tell the guy if you ever find out that you're just his second choice?

• Rizza
      Rizza commented
      Editing a comment
      What? You do not know if you were ever a second choice? But I guess men would not tell that to their girls.

• miracleshappen
      miracleshappen commented
      Editing a comment
      loofabb I will ask him if he would still continue to like me even if I was just a second choice to him. And from there, I would have to decide if I would continue or not anymore.

I think that I haven't been with men who thought of me as their backup plan. Or they just kept it to themselves during our relationship

Comment

• keyth90
      keyth90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I would be surprised if they consider someone as hot as you as their backup plan

• nnica
      nnica commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you going to do if you ever found out that you were just the back up plan of any of your exes?

I feel that would be something that they would take to the grave rather than blurt it out all of a sudden

Comment

• reddish97
      reddish97 commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're not sure whether you've been somebody's second choice or not?

• leahsneak
      leahsneak commented
      Editing a comment
      reddish97 No one had told me that I was their second choice.

Going to continue to see him but I would make sure that I don't fall for him more

Comment

• ClaireBare
      ClaireBare commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it mean that you're going to emotionally cold towards him?

• DarthKram
      DarthKram commented
      Editing a comment
      What's the point of continuing to see him if you don't want to fall for him?
Working...
X