Abusive and manipulative relationships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abusive and manipulative relationships

There are abusive and manipulative relationships out there. Yet, some people continue with it. What can you say about the people who are into those kinds of relationships?

Each person has unique needs and circumstances. It is those needs and circumstances that they entered and remained on those kinds of not so ideal kind of relationship. In other words, it is their choice to be on it.

Comment

• Rizza
      Rizza commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it wasn't their choice. In the long run, you will never know who or what the person truly has in store. It's scary to stay in such a relationship if one day he happens to beat you up then it becomes something that normally happens everyday.

• Charanne
      Charanne commented
      Editing a comment
      Rizza You are already talking about physical abuses wherein no one comes to like it except when you are a masochist. But there are other forms of abuses excluding the physical one.

• sinksex
      sinksex commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you talking about the sadistic and masochistic types of relationships?

If people fantasize about having a Harley-Joker kind of relationship and thinking that it's cool, then I wish them both goodluck lol!

Comment

• SpeedyGee
      SpeedyGee commented
      Editing a comment
      They think it's cool to have an abusive boyfriend. He may not be physically beating you up, but he can hurt you in different ways like psychologically, mentally and emotionally.

• DraggedOn
      DraggedOn commented
      Editing a comment
      SpeedyGee This would look like you have a psychotic boyfriend and that is scary to me.

I've been with someone who used to manipulate me and I was too young and naive to realize that, now that I've learned, I'm more aware of avoiding them if I see a red flag coming up lol

Comment

• serrenakern
      serrenakern commented
      Editing a comment
      miracleshappen Yes, I was thankful that I got out from it.

• serrenakern
      serrenakern commented
      Editing a comment
      TechKilla I wonder how you men are also abused? In what way?

• FoxieRoxy
      FoxieRoxy commented
      Editing a comment
      Was there an age difference between the two of you? Because if he's older than you, that might be the reason why he was able to easily manipulate you

Who are we talking about here? The one who's being abused or the abuser? If we're talking about the ones who's being abused, I would tell the person that just because he or she loves the person, it doesn't mean you should let him or her abuse you

Comment

• tummytummy
      tummytummy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know if this is abusive but I have one ex who seriously guilt-trips me all the time, she even hacked my account just to check if I'm talking to other girls. She even had a dummy account who keeps flirting me when I know it was her.

• mum201610
      mum201610 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nowadays, some couples who are abused can stand up to the fight or can simply get out of the relationship immediately.

• keyth90
      keyth90 commented
      Editing a comment
      tummytummy I do not think that that was abusive. I think that she was testing you only. But her ways were more than it should have been. She was already fooling you and that was not good.

If they look like that they're happy being each other, then it means that they have some sort of a bdsm relationship

Comment

• loofabb
      loofabb commented
      Editing a comment
      DarthKram In a BDSM relationship, I do not think that one of them would complain as the two of them would want to be in that relationship.

• ClaireBare
      ClaireBare commented
      Editing a comment
      DarthKram Actually, I would not be concerned at all. I actually do not care as I do not have that kind of a relationship.

• ClaireBare
      ClaireBare commented
      Editing a comment
      Slurpee Nope, it never occurred to me. It has never been one of my wishes.

Personally, I would prefer to have a manipulative relationship than an abusive relationship. While both are evil, the manipulative one is less evil than the other one. It is also less traumatic.

Comment

• WillowPillow
      WillowPillow commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously? What makes you say the manipulation is okay? Are you okay?

• JuneBug
      JuneBug commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing that you're a bit manipulative in your previous relationships?

I'm guessing that you're talking about relationships were in the partner was too manipulative or abusive? Because doing those things are normal in every relationship. The only time it becomes a problem is when you or your partner do it excessively

Comment

• itten
      itten commented
      Editing a comment
      So you mean to say that one of them has to wait until things get worse?

• LessLee
      LessLee commented
      Editing a comment
      reddish97 It must be reported to the police when physical abuses are already happening.

• LessLee
      LessLee commented
      Editing a comment
      itten No, you did not get. What I meant was, a little of this and that are normal as it happens with couples. But when it becomes excessive, then it should already be stopped.

I don't manipulative my boyfriends so they better not be manipulating me as well.

Comment

• sala67
      sala67 commented
      Editing a comment
      How sure are you that you didn't even tried manipulating him even once. I bet that you've done it unknowingly to get what you've wanted

• Noelle
      Noelle commented
      Editing a comment
      leahsneak Love? Nope. Domestic abuse must not exist in this world.

• Noelle
      Noelle commented
      Editing a comment
      sala67 Nope. Not at all. I am sure of it.

If it's a kinky roleplay I would consider that but I don't want it to get too physical for both of us.

Comment

• bewgrien
      bewgrien commented
      Editing a comment
      I let my partners choke me or slap me with my request or consent but I was never manipulated.

• TaintGotYou
      TaintGotYou commented
      Editing a comment
      You are talking about a completely different thing already. And what made you think that this is about a kink? ermanw4

• Starla
      Starla commented
      Editing a comment
      TaintGotYou maybe he is into it that's why it was the first thing that popped in his head

Most of the time people stay in those relationships because they're head over heels in loved with the other person and think that they would eventually change

Comment

• imacoolgal
      imacoolgal commented
      Editing a comment
      It would be impossible for them to change, I don't believe that an abusive and manipulative partner can change in just a snap.
Working...
X