Cheapskate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapskate

To those who've been raised by very frugal or cheap parents, what were some of the things that you did while you're growing up that makes you cringe these days? Mine was whenever we're having pancakes or waffles, she would put pour back the leftover syrup on our plates back to the syrup bottle.

I remember those days where we go into the museum and we are allowed to visit there for free and enjoy some local culture.

Comment

• sala67
      sala67 commented
      Editing a comment
      You and your family must be going to every free entrance on events in the city cos my parents do.

I think it was our time at the beach and we don't usually rent a place and we build a camp or a tent and we stay there.

Comment

• itten
      itten commented
      Editing a comment
      It's better to camp in my opinion, it's more practical and fun plus you will save a lot of money.

I had a friend who would often go to thrift shops when he's going to buy his day to day clothes because his more comfortable in wearing used clothes.

Comment

• loofabb
      loofabb commented
      Editing a comment
      We used to do shop with used clothes with my parents then got afraid of the idea that it belongs to a dead person.

ermanw4 did you do the same thing once you're living by yourself already or you just made sure that you poured the right amount on your pancakes and waffles?

Comment

• leahsneak
      leahsneak commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet that his plate was covered with syrup whenever he's eating pancake and waffles lol.

My mom only puts water on my oats and cereals. I honestly don't know if we were that poor or if she was lazy to buy as milk.

Comment

• tummytummy
      tummytummy commented
      Editing a comment
      You should have just eaten the cereal as it is and didn't put any water on it.

• mum201610
      mum201610 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope it's hot water cos if it's a cold one then I might puke.

It wasn't because they're cheap, but more of being practical. I can only have toys as gifts during my birthday and Christmas.

Comment

• ejayniel
      ejayniel commented
      Editing a comment
      Where you envious of towards the other kids who had a lot of toys? And I'm guessing that you really took care of the toys that you had since you can only have a new one during your birthday and Christmas.

I had a friend before who would get as much sugar, creamer, or condiment packets as he can whenever we ate at a dinner or fast food place. When I asked him why he does that, he tells me that's what they use at home.

Comment

• sinksex
      sinksex commented
      Editing a comment
      They might be really that poor that's why he often grabs a bunch of them for them to use at home.

• imacoolgal
      imacoolgal commented
      Editing a comment
      They are not that poor for your information. My friend likes doing it often and you can't stop him.

I'm thinking those bottle of syrups has mixed saliva on it and It's pretty nasty putting the excess back in the bottle.

Comment

• Noelle
      Noelle commented
      Editing a comment
      The trick is you need to lick your plate clean so that no excess syrup will be placed in the bottle.

• emmander45
      emmander45 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you the type who will lick the plate clean if it is covered in syrup?

Ordering a regular hamburger instead of going for cheeseburgers. I become cranky sometimes if it's always a regular burger.

Comment

• westine
      westine commented
      Editing a comment
      You should always bring a piece of cheese with you when your mom ordered so you can put it that will be the trick lol

• Slurpee
      Slurpee commented
      Editing a comment
      LMFAO! Nice trick westine. Maybe next time he could also bring onions and lettuce, buns and extra patty so he can have a BigMac.

My parents also like me to used clothes given by my aunts and cousins. It even got a picture from a movie that is classic and was ashamed that my friends will think of me as old haha.

Comment

• Rizza
      Rizza commented
      Editing a comment
      It's alright if it belongs in the '90s era and they will notice what's in the picture.

I wish your parents didn't teach you to dumpster dive and get expired food which is still safe for consumption and that's what my friend does when he's broke.

Comment

• Remman
      Remman commented
      Editing a comment
      What's wrong with dumpster diving? There's nothing wrong with eating food that has been thrown out but is still safe for human consumption.

• pauline
      pauline commented
      Editing a comment
      Remman There's nothing wrong with dumpster diving and I only want to point out if someone already experiences it since a friend of mine does it.
Working...
X